Healthy Valentine's Day Cookies

Happy Valentine's Day, every one! 

We have a full day of play dates today, so of course we need some easy, kid-friendly snacks that we can munch on throughout the day. These are some stand-by cookies in our house when we have old bananas to use up, and not much time! 

These are adapted from two other blogs that I love - Skinnytaste and the Burlap Bag. I've doubled the recipe, added cranberries, and some spices, AND they are healthy(er) than most cookies, so don't feel too badly about eating more than one. Of course, you can certainly add your own twist on these too. 

My attempt at making heart-shaped cookies

And yes, those are chocolate chips that you see. So, I had to cheat a little.
One thing you must know about me - I'm an unapologetic chocolate lover... 
If you are too, we should be friends. :) 


Enjoy!! 

Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 15-17 minutes

4 bananas
2 cups quick oats 
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet. 

2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher, and stir in the oats and pumpkin pie spice. Then, fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips. 

3. Bake at 350 degrees for around 15 minutes. 

That's it! Easy, right?! And most importantly, they're toddler-approved! :) 

"Mom why do you snap pictures of me with my mouth full?" 






Mom in the Works: Healthy Valentine's Day Cookies

Friday, February 14, 2014

Healthy Valentine's Day Cookies

Happy Valentine's Day, every one! 

We have a full day of play dates today, so of course we need some easy, kid-friendly snacks that we can munch on throughout the day. These are some stand-by cookies in our house when we have old bananas to use up, and not much time! 

These are adapted from two other blogs that I love - Skinnytaste and the Burlap Bag. I've doubled the recipe, added cranberries, and some spices, AND they are healthy(er) than most cookies, so don't feel too badly about eating more than one. Of course, you can certainly add your own twist on these too. 

My attempt at making heart-shaped cookies

And yes, those are chocolate chips that you see. So, I had to cheat a little.
One thing you must know about me - I'm an unapologetic chocolate lover... 
If you are too, we should be friends. :) 


Enjoy!! 

Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 15-17 minutes

4 bananas
2 cups quick oats 
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet. 

2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher, and stir in the oats and pumpkin pie spice. Then, fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips. 

3. Bake at 350 degrees for around 15 minutes. 

That's it! Easy, right?! And most importantly, they're toddler-approved! :) 

"Mom why do you snap pictures of me with my mouth full?" 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home